The sandal on the left belonged to a friend. She loved them but they were rather knackered, and unbeknownst to her, her husband asked me if I could re-produce them for her. (What a lovely fellow!)
I spent a while sourcing the various bits and pieces - O-rings to form the foundation of the decorated strap, suitable beads, leather thonging etc, and experimented with the knotting technique. The wider interwoven central strap proved beyond me so I went with three thinner plaited straps instead.
I padded the insole so that it would be super comfy and covered it with soft leather. I made a wedge sole from layers of cork and covered it with hessian. The original sandals had a rubber wedge moulded to look like it was woven.
I enjoyed working on these sandals. It was a good project for figuring out some new techniques and improvising with hardware etc to achieve the look I was after.